Thursday, January 29, 2009

Food Service

During our planning sessions, some of the 650 inputs related to providing food services to faculty, staff, and students. I included those under the theme of campus environment. As a result, I asked that a team of faculty and staff develop a survey and gather perspective to help determine what needs exist. The team has completed their work and provided me with suggestions.

All commuter colleges are challenged in providing food services, because we do not have the same level of “captive customers” as residential colleges. A decision about how we can best provide the type of service that campus stakeholders will support will be influenced by several factors including the campus master plan and a potential high school partnership with Rock Hill schools. I will have more information to share in the coming year about how we will proceed. I appreciate the work of the review team. If you have additional suggestions, please contact Velma Simmons.

The campus master plan, branding plan, and food services are a few of the “global” initiatives that impact us all. I appreciate you reading about them and, as always, welcome your input. As we proceed, I will continue to look for ways to involve faculty and staff in the process.

No comments: