Thursday, August 23, 2007

Recognition of CDC

As we all know, teaching is one of the most significant and powerful jobs in the world because teachers have the opportunity to change lives for the better. It may not immediately occur to you but there is one group of teachers that influences lives from the very beginning - the wonderful teachers and staff at the Child Development Center. It is with great pleasure that I share with you a recognition letter I recently received from a parent. It demonstrates the powerful impact they make in the lives of many. I add my thanks to that of this parent - well done CDC teachers and staff!


2 comments:

Sally Herlong said...

The CDC is a jewel in our crown!

Thank you, Dr. Rutherford for facilitating open discussion and welcoming input from faculty and staff in this morning's Planning Focus Group.

JMc said...

It is always a pleasure to receive recognition for a job well done. The CDC is a shining example of how our team does an excellent job and is a value added partner in the community. I wish to add my applause to that of the thankful parent.

This is a great example of a win/win situation – the CDC provides a wonderful service to the community in providing top notch pre-schooling while at the same time providing a “laboratory” for training students. This means on both ends of the education spectrum we are making our community a better place to live. From accounting to X-Ray technician (I know its called radiology but I was going for that A to Z thing) everyone here is responsible for making the world just a little better place to live.

A big thanks to everyone in the CDC for a great job. I am proud to be a part of what York Tech is doing.

Jim McDermott